Finance Officer Amman, Jordan
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation, (KtK), in Amman invites applicants to the position of Finance Officer (FO). KtK supports women in times of conflict to increase women’s power and influence. KtK collaborates with women’s organisations that play an active part in peace and rebuilding processes. KtK supports the partner organisations in capacity building and financially, in addition to facilitating networking and advocacy. KtK supports more than 130 women’s organisations globally and we have worked in the Middle East since 2001. For further information please visit: www.kvinnatillkvinna.se/en
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to recruit a Finance Officer (with country specific and regional tasks) based in Amman.
As Finace Officer you are responsible for the following main tasks, variety of independence is depending on the seniority:
- Financial Management: manage office budget, ensure internal control system is functional; Ensure internal control system is functional, including making sure the anti-corruption policy is implemented internally and externally;
- Grant Management: quality assure budgets and financial reports from partners and ensure compliance with the grant agreement, enhance the financial management capacity of partner organisations;
- Audit Management: support the audit assignment;
- Administration: ensure safety, custody and maintenance of office, computer & accessories, furniture and equipment. Ensure proper financial and administrative preparations and follow up of KtK workshops; Ensure proper functioning of information and communication technology.
- Human Resource Administration: Ensure up to date human resource records are maintained, including employment contracts, leave, and staff personal records, and archived in a secure matter; Ensure proper payroll administration and accounting, including prepare and submit monthly staff payrol;
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field (Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Management) or other relevant field;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy, preferably international, multicultural NGO and handling donor funds.
- In depth knowledge of accounting, book keeping, and high financial analytical skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication in both Arabic and English
- Valid driving license.
- Knowledge in Kurdish and French
- High integrity to be able to handle cash and cash related transactions, and to take anti-corruption measures very seriously;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision whilst also operating well as a team-player in a decentralised organisation;
- Commitment to KtK values of promoting gender equity and diversity, and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of KtK’s work.
Terms and conditions
Full time employment for one year including 3 months’ probation period, with possibility for extension. Start of assignment 15 of February, or soonest thereafter.
The position is open for residents of Jordan. Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Send your application no later than 10 January email@example.com Please write Finance Officer Amman in the subject line.
The application shall include a letter of motivation, CV, and salary request. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- What do you find interesting in this position and what would be developing?
- How do you meet the qualifications of the position?