Finance Officer Kyiv, Ukraine
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to recruit a Finance Officer for its new country office in Ukraine.
Kvinna till Kvinna is a Swedish non-profit organisation that supports women’s organising with the aim to advance women’s rights and promote sustainable peace. Its work focuses on supporting women’s rights organisations (organisationally, thematically and economically) in advancing women’s rights and peace in conflict situations. Through its Head Office in Stockholm and about 20 country offices, it supports more than 100 women’s rights organisations in five different regions (Western Balkans, South Caucasus, Middle East and North Africa, West and Central Africa). Kvinna till Kvinna is setting up an office in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Kvinna till Kvinna works without paying heed to religious, political, national or ethnic origin, or to linguistic affiliation, gender identity or sexual orientation.
For further information please visit http://thekvinnatillkvinnafoundation.org/
As Finance Officer you will be responsible for setting up and providing effective leadership in financial and grant management for the country office in Ukraine. You will report to Kvinna till Kvinna’s Head of Office Ukraine. The assignment requires regional and international trips.
Deadline for Applications: 22 April 2018
The Finance Officer is part of the Office in Ukraine, and reports directly to the Head of Office Ukraine.
As Finance Officer you are responsible for the following main tasks, additional tasks and changes should be expected:
Financial set up and implementation: Introduce and ensure the implementation of financial management routines for running the office and country programme, in line with Kvinna till Kvinna and donors’ guidelines and procedures. These include:
Financial management: Manage payments, book keeping, monthly financial reports to Head Office and declarations to Ukrainian Authorities. Ensure and develop internal control system and make sure that financial routines are functional and efficient, including making sure the anti-corruption policy is implemented internally and externally. Provide strategic financial guidance in line with the strategic plan of Kvinna till Kvinna.
Grant management: Assess and follow-up on completed assessment tools, disbursement confirmation, financial reports, audit reports and audited financial statements, and ensure that they are managed according to grants agreement and the requirements of Kvinna till Kvinna and its donors. Contribute to the strengthening of the financial management and administration capacity of partner organizations and support to the Kvinna till Kvinna Office in Ukraine on financial matters.
Audit management: Procure and manage audit services in accordance with procurement policy and procedures. Submit reports in respect of management and statutory audits and submit audited financial statements.
General Procurement, Administration, incl. in relation to human resources: Lead, manage, conduct and report on general procurement of goods, work and services for the office and programme (e.g. legal services, conference services, ICT, etc.), and other operations-related procurement according to guidelines and procedures. Ensure proper payroll administration and accounting.
- Master of Science in Business Administration or similar, with a focus on financial management and accounting
- Multiple years of experience working with financial management, book keeping, grant management and audit management within international development cooperation or similar fields
- Knowledge of Ukrainian tax legislation
- Proficiency in English, Ukrainian, Russian
- Good computer skills
- Well organized with high level of responsibility and efficiency
- Knowledge about human rights and gender equality
- Experience of working with, or volunteering within civil society and/or international organizations
- Experience of working with international donors like Sida/EU
- Training and coaching experience on financial management, esp. of grants and projects implemented by non-profit or international organizations.
- Knowledge and experience of anti-corruption work
- Driver’s license
- Responsible and accurate, committed to transparency and accountability.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team
- Responsiveness, integrity, and ability to handle stressful situation and peaks of intense work load
- Belief and commitment to human rights, gender equality, peaceful conflict resolution, and Kvinna till Kvinna’s vision and mandate.
- High level of personal integrity, flexibility, and ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
One-year fulltime contract with possibility of extension. Employment is expected in late May/June 2018. Kvinna till Kvinna strives for diversity and gender equality. Due to the nature of our work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine, with travels to the regions.
Send your application no later than 22 April 2018, to email@example.com. Enter “Finance Officer Ukraine” in the subject line. Please do not hesitate to send your application earlier because interviews are held ongoing. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV, including two references, in English, in the same file. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- Why do you find the position interesting?
- In what way would you make use of your previous work experiences and knowledge?
For more information about the position, please contact Eugenia Benigni, Head of Office Ukraine, firstname.lastname@example.org . For questions about the recruitment process, please contact Annette Collin, HR Manager, email@example.com .