Grants Manager Regional Syria Programme
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking for a Grants Manager for our regional Syria programme. Deadline for application is 17 January 2018.
Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organisation that supports women’s organising in conflict-affected contexts with the aim to advance women’s rights and promote sustainable peace.
Kvinna till Kvinna started its operations in the MENA region in Jerusalem in 2001 and are today working in eight countries throughout the region, supporting almost fifty women’s rights organizations. Currently there are almost 30 staff members divided between the regional office in Amman and our programme offices in Jerusalem, Beirut and Erbil, as well as in Stockholm. In 2018 we are also opening an office in Tunis.
The Grant Manager Syria position is based in Stockholm, with the expectation of 2-3 travels to the region per year, the Grant Manager will work closely with our regional Syria team in Beirut.
As Grants Manager you are responsible for ensuring compliance of the donor agreements and supporting programmes to be implemented and conducted in accordance with the strategies, policies, and working methods of Kvinna till Kvinna. You coordinate the annual planning, and are responsible to ensure that monitoring and financial and narrative reporting are in accordance with the contractual obligations. The work also entails drafting proposals to donors based on input from the programme countries, carrying out budget follow-up, anti-corruption reviews, quality assurance and to finalise agreements with partner organisations.
- Academic degree in relevant fields, such as political science, international relations, development studies, peace- and conflict studies, gender studies, human rights or law.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience of which at least three from working with international development cooperation, and at least one from working with conflict affected areas;
- Knowledge of project/results management;
- Experience of budgeting and budget follow-up of development projects;
- Experience in identifying funding opportunities and documented experience in proposal and report writing to donors;
- Experience in drafting and establishing cooperation agreements with local partners;
- Experience from working with women’s rights and from conducting gender analysis;
- Fluency in English;
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and/ or experience from working in the MENA region and with the Syrian conflict.
- Knowledge of Swedish development cooperation;
- Experience of handling corruption cases in complex contexts;
- Knowledge of gender, conflict and human rights within development cooperation;
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Swedish.
Terms and conditions of employment
The position of Grants Manager is a permanent position with 6 months initial probation period. Start of employment as soon as possible.
Kvinna till Kvinna has Collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, Unionen och Akademikerförbunden). Goal-oriented work hours apply to this position.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Otherwise we strive for diversity.
Please send your application no later than 17 January 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Grants Manager Syria in the subject line.
Your application shall include a letter of motivation and CV, in English, in the same file. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- Why do you find the position interesting?
- In what way would you make use of your previous work experiences and knowledge?
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the Regional Manager for the MENA region, email: email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Manager Mirjam Warne, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.