National Programme Officer Amman, Jordan
Kvinna till Kvinna provides support to women rights organisations and women human rights defenders. Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the MENA region since 2001 with a regional office in Amman, Jordan, and country offices in Palestine, Lebanon and Iraq and currently supports some 50 women’s rights organizations in the MENA region.
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to recruit a Programme Officer (with country specific and regional tasks) based in Amman.
As Programme Officer you are responsible for the following main tasks, variety of independence is depending on the seniority:
- Supporting project design of partner organizations as needed;
- Assisting in monitoring the implementation of partner activities and support the reporting of country-level initiatives both in terms of results and budget;
- Assisting the provision of technical support to partners to build their capacities.
- Preparing proposals and reports to donors, and making appropriate; recommendations on the programme’s progress and further development;
- Conducting general administration and financial procedures in relation to the Jordan and North Africa operations, and the regional office including support in logistics of workshops and trainings;
- Supporting in organising experience exchanges, study trips/visits and networking meetings to enhance quality programming and implementation;
- Carrying out interpretation/translation work when needed;
As Programme Officer you are part of the Field Department and report primarily to the Senior Programme Officer. The assignment will require regional and international travel.
- Preferably bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Political Science, Human Rights or any other related field;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience with women’s human rights, gender equality issues, women’s empowerment, women’s political activism and/or organisational development;
- In-depth experience in project cycle management and in planning, monitoring and evaluation, PME and proven experience of identifying and providing capacity building to local NGOs;
- Good understanding of human rights and the application of a rights-based approach in development cooperation;
- Strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English as well as good grasp of excel and office package;
- Valid driving license.
- Experience of working in/or knowledge of the region;
- Experience of women’s rights work, voluntary or professionally;
- Knowledge of French.
- Strategic thinking;
- Responsible, flexible, adaptable;
- Ability to prioritize and stay solution-focused;
- Responsiveness, integrity, and ability to handle stressful situations and peaks of intense work load;
- Belief and commitment to women’s human rights and gender equality and acts as a good ambassador for the organisation even outside of work.
- Good social and outreach skills and ability to cooperate with a range of partners and stakeholders.
Terms and conditions
Full time employment for one year including 3 months’ probation period, with possibility for extension. Start of assignment 15 of February, or soonest thereafter.
The position is open for residents of Jordan. Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Send your application no later than 10 January firstname.lastname@example.org Please write Programme Officer Amman in the subject line.
The application shall include a letter of motivation, CV, and salary request. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- What do you find interesting in this position and what would be developing?
- How do you meet the qualifications of the position?