Programme Assistant Kyiv (Ukraine)
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to recruit a Programme Assistant for its new country office in Ukraine.
Kvinna till Kvinna is a Swedish non-profit organisation that supports women’s organising with the aim to advance women’s rights and promote sustainable peace. Its work focuses on supporting women’s rights organisations (organisationally, thematically and economically) in advancing women’s rights and peace in conflict situation. Through its Head Office in Stockholm and about 20 country offices, it supports more than 100 women’s rights organisations in five different regions (Western Balkans, South Caucasus, Middle East and North Africa, West and Central Africa). Kvinna till Kvinna is setting up an office in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Kvinna till Kvinna works without paying heed to religious, political, national or ethnic origin, or to linguistic affiliation, gender identity or sexual orientation.
For further information please visit: thekvinnatillkvinnafoundation.org
As Programme Assistant you will contribute to administrative, logistical, programmatic and financial tasks related to the start-up and running of the office and programme in Ukraine. You will report to Kvinna till Kvinna’s Head of Office Ukraine. The position requires travelling, mostly within Ukraine.
Deadline for Applications: 22 April 2018.
- Provide administrative, logistics and financial tasks related to programme and project activities implemented directly by the office and in cooperation with partner organizations, including by visiting partner organizations as required;
- Organise external and internal events, meetings, workshops, conferences;
- Arrange travels for the team, partners and assist visitors from the head office or other field offices travelling to Ukraine;
- Assist in the procurement of conference services and lead in relevant logistics.
- Interpret at meetings when required.
- Translate e-mails and short texts.
- Assist and manage day-to-day administrative and logistical tasks for the set-up and running of the office;
- Carry out procurement for the office, including outsourcing services, in cooperation with the Finance Officer;
- Prepare and handle local contracts (with landlords, consultants, cleaning services, drivers, etc.), in consultation with lawyers, outsourced services, the Finance Officer and other members of the team.
- Maintain contact with law and auditing firms upon need on rules and procedures for INGOs related to issues such as, but not limited to, the set up and running of the office in Ukraine, taxation and audit, as well as obtaining a visa, work permit, residence permit and permit/registration to run operations, as well as laws, regulations, types of employment contracts and taxation rules regarding employment of local and international staff.
- Supervise the office systems, including maintenance and communication with realtors, service providers, including IT, car service, interpreters, etc;
- Filing documentation on projects and activities, initiate and maintain the office archive;
- Initiate and maintain an inventory list for all equipment in the office.
- Contribute to cash reports, payroll and other asks related with human resources, other payments, in cooperation with the Finance Officer.
- Preferably first-level university education from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of five years’ administrative experience in a busy, preferably international, multicultural NGO or similar organisation.
- Documented experience of office administration and logistics;
- Experience of organizing meetings, booking travel, maintaining archives, etc.;
- Experience of coordinating and maintaining contracts with service providers;
- Knowledge of requirements of local authorities in relation to the operation of an International Non-Governmental Organisation [INGO];
- Competent in Microsoft Office package;
- Basic financial bookkeeping skills;
- Proficiency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- High level of personal integrity and ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment;
- Belief and commitment to human rights, gender equality, peaceful conflict resolution, and Kvinna till Kvinna’s vision and mandate.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, with high peaks of workload.
Terms and conditions of employment
One-year fulltime contract with possibility of extension. Employment is expected in late May/June 2018. Kvinna till Kvinna strives for diversity and gender equality, and due to the nature of our work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine, with travels to the regions.
Send your complete application to email@example.com no later than 22 April 2018. Please write Programme Assistant Ukraine in the subject line. Please do not hesitate to send your application earlier because interviews are held ongoing. Your application should include a motivation letter, a CV, and two references, in English in the same document.
Please answer the following questions in your letter of motivation:
- Why do you find the position interesting?
- In what way would you make use of your previous work experiences and knowledge?
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Eugenia Benigni, Head of Office Ukraine, firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Annette Collin, HR Manager, email@example.com.