Regional Manager and Deputy Regional Manager, MENA, placed in Amman, Jordan
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking for a Regional Manager and Deputy Regional Manager, MENA, placed in Amman, Jordan. Deadline for application is 14 January 2018.
Kvinna till Kvinna started its operations in the MENA region in Jerusalem in 2001 and are today working in eight countries throughout the region, supporting almost fifty women’s rights organizations. From 2018 we are looking for two persons to head the management of the work of Kvinna till Kvinna in the region based in the regional office in Amman. The two positions are complementary to lead the operations in the region, and to further a process of internationalization and decentralization of the organization.
Currently there are almost 30 staff members divided between the regional office in Amman and our programme offices in Jerusalem, Beirut and Erbil, as well as in Stockholm. In 2018 we are also opening an office in Tunis.
As Regional Manager you have the overall responsibility for the strategic development of the region. You will be responsible for overall developing and managing the strategy and the programmes in the region in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements.
You will also hold the overall managerial, staff, administrative and financial responsibility including the total regional budget. You will be Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative for the region and responsible for keeping up-to date of the political, conflict and security situation in the region. It also entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and local organizations and institutions.
As Regional Manager you are part of the Programme department management team, and reports to the Head of Development Cooperation in Stockholm. The assignment requires several regional and international trips per year including management meetings.
Deputy Regional Manager.
The Deputy Regional Manager is part of the Kvinna till Kvinna Program department, reports to the Regional Manager for the MENA region, and is part of the MENA Management group. The Deputy Regional Manager has the responsibility for supporting the Regional Manager in the strategic development of the region and the management of designated programmes.
You will be Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative for delegated programmes. You will develop, lead and follow-up the operations of these programs on the basis of established guidelines, priorities, policy, strategy planning, budget and other steering documents. You will be responsible for keeping up-to date of the political, conflict and security situation in in the MENA region. You will also hold managerial, staff, administrative and financial responsibility for these programs.
Professional qualifications Regional Manager and Deputy Regional Manager, MENA
- Ten respectively eight years accumulated work experience, of which at least two years are managerial experience leading staff and management of similar group size, distance, focus and work tasks;
- Solid experience of development cooperation work or humanitarian work in MENA region or other similar contexts,
- Experience working in partnership with local women rights organisations or civil society actors with one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders;
- Documented experience in financial and administrative office management;
- Experience in resource mobilisation;
- Fluent in English;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Humanitarian Law;
- Familiarity with the conflicts of the MENA region;
- Knowledge of Arabic, French, Kurdish and/or Swedish;
- Regional/Deputy Regional manger is expected to have interest in networking and outreach work.
Terms and conditions of employment
Two years contract fulltime with possibility for extension (up to five years). Start of employment June 2018. Amman is a family posting.
Kvinna till Kvinna has collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, Unionen och Akademikerförbunden).
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Send your application no later than January 14th, 2018, to email@example.com The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV, in the same file. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- What do you find interesting in this position and what would be developing?
- Which of your experiences and knowledge would you use in this position?
Please write Regional Manager Amman or Deputy Regional Manager Amman in the subject line.
We look at all application after the final application date.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Development Cooperation Annika Törnqvist: Annika.firstname.lastname@example.org
+46 (0)8 588 891 88 or +46 (0)70 203 87 30. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Manager, Mirjam Warne: Mirjam.email@example.com +46 (0)8 588 891 76
Representatives for the local unions: Katarina Inkinen, Akademikerförbunden, +46 (0)8-588 891 54 and Nadia Dolata, Unionen, +46 (0)8-588 891 57.