Regional Safety and Security Advisor (RSSA)
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation (KtK) in Amman invites applicants to apply for the position of Regional Safety and Security Advisor (RSSA).
KtK supports women in times of conflict to increase women’s power and influence. KtK collaborates with women’s organisations that play an active part in peace and rebuilding processes. KtK supports partner organisations with capacity building, financial support, and by facilitating networking and advocacy opportunities. KtK supports more than 130 women’s organisations globally and we have worked in the Middle East since 2001. For further information, please visit: thekvinnatillkvinnafoundation.org
Work location: Amman
Type of Contract: 1-year contract with the possibility of extension.
Start date: as soon as possible.
The position is open for residents of Jordan and/or passport holders of third country. We strongly encourage and welcome female applicants.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring the security situation in each of the MENA countries where KtK has offices and/or operations and provide regional and country analysis;
- Liaise with the Regional Manager to ensure that Kvinna till Kvinna security policies, principles, and procedures are implemented and properly communicated to staff in the region;
- Advise on the need to adjust safety and security procedures according to the changing situation in the relevant countries;
- Provide support to the organisational Risk Management Process (ISO 31 000);
- Manage the KtK regional incident data base and share information about incidents with appropriate internal staff as well as other relevant actors, such as INGOs, the UN, etc.
- Responsible for carrying out security inductions of new staff members, and to identify and coordinated security related capacity building opportunities in the region;
- Provide support with regards to information security, including staying abreast with developments with regards to safe channels of communication (Apps, etc.) and coordinate this with the Head of Security in Stockholm;
- Undertake security reviews and audits of office security management in the region, including review of office’s IT structure.
- Provide support to travelling staff in the region, including reviewing travel requests, providing security briefings and support during travel;
- Responsible for representing the organisation in different regional security related fora (including the MENA Security Forum);
- Create and maintain relevant networks with key actors, including NGOs, INGOs, INSO, UN, and government agencies, in order to obtain reliable security information and support;
Education and Qualifications
- University diploma/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Security Management, Political Science, International Relations, or another relevant field;
- At least two years working in a high risk environment;
- 3-5 years of experience working with NGOs, preferably with a focus on Human Rights and the right to association and participation;
- Knowledge of NGO security management approaches and practices;
- Expertise in one country in the MENA region and good general understanding of the regional context;
- Experience from working with a rights-based approach and with gender mainstreaming.
- Strong analytical skills and conflict sensitivity;
- Demonstrated high-level communication skills and proficiency (written and spoken) in Arabic and English. Knowledge in Kurdish and/or French are assets;
- Ability and willingness to travel in the MENA region, including at a short notice;
- Proven ability to remain calm, focused and organised and to deliver results on time when under pressure and with rapidly changing circumstances.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter where you explain why you are interested in this position and how you meet the qualifications of the position, CV, and salary request, and three references to: email@example.com no later than December 9, 2017.