Become a volunteer
Do you want to take part in changing the world for women? There are different ways to become involved in our work and we welcome everyone who wants to make a contribution as a volunteer!
Kvinna till Kvinna greatly appreciates all volunteers’ help with our information sharing and fundraising, no matter of age, gender or background. You don’t have to speak Swedish, English works too.
Become a volunteer for Kvinna till Kvinna
We have volunteer groups in Gothenburg, Linköping, Malmö/Lund, Stockholm, Umeå and Uppsala.
As a Kvinna till Kvinna-volunteer you spread information about Kvinna till Kvinna and the work we do and support our fundraising efforts. You are a very important part of Kvinna till Kvinna and of your local group, which is a fantastic meeting place if you are interested in peace, equality and to change the world – globally as well as locally!
Things you can do as a volunteer:
- Participate in monthly volunteer meetings to educate yourself in the issues Kvinna till Kvinna works with and to plan events and activities with your local group.
- Arrange events with your local group to spread information about Kvinna till Kvinna and to raise funds.
- Represent Kvinna till Kvinna at big events such as the annual Swedish Forum for Human Rights.
- Cooperate with local organisations and actors in the town where your volunteer group is active.
- Hold workshops with Peace for all, Kvinna till Kvinna’s role-playing game for senior compulsary and high school students.
- Run campaigns.
- Arrange lectures, seminars and workshops.
- Organise or participate in discussion groups to strenghten young women and the work for peace and equality.
You always choose yourself which activities you want to participate in and how much time it is possible for you to dedicate. However, we encourage all volunteers to participate in the monthtly volunteer meetings. Kvinna till Kvinna cooperates with Sensus Study Association and our volunteer meetings are organised as study circles.
When you have applied to become a volunteer, you get an invitation to an introductury training session which takes about 3-5 hours. It will provide you with basic knowledge about the issues that Kvinna till Kvinna works with, the work of our partner organisations and of the volunteers. The sessions are held once every six months in the cities where we have local groups. We also arrange extra sessions if needed.
The introductury training sessions are held by our volunteer coordinator or other active volunteers. The volunteer coordinator has her office at Kvinna till Kvinna’s headquarter in Stockholm and has the overall responsibility for all volunteer work and to support the local groups.
The volunteer coordinator regularly visits the volunteer groups. To apply to become a volunteer you contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about what it is like to become a volunteer, and when the next introductury training session is organised in your town!:
Other ways to contribute
Are you living in a part of Sweden where there currently is no volunteer group, or do you want to make a one-off contribution to Kvinna till Kvinna? Here are some suggestions:
- Organise a support event/school event, flee market or bake sale to raise money for Kvinna till Kvinna’s work. Contact Kvinna till Kvinna’s fundraising unit before you start, for information and support.
- Organise your own fundraising campaign, for example through participating in a race, for your birthday or some other special day that you celebrate with your friends! More information (in Swedish) here.
- Organise a seminar or a central theme day to spread information about women’s situation in regions affected by war and conflict.
- Organise a screening of Kvinna till Kvinna’s films Six Days and/or Women’s War. The films are available on our Youtube channel. Contact Kvinna till Kvinna’s volunteer coordinator for more information.
- Book a session with our role-playing game Peace for all for your school, organisation or group.
If you want to organise a film screening or a central theme day or book Peace for all, or if you have other ideas on how you want to contribute, contact Kvinna till Kvinna’s Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
If you want to organise a fundraising event, contact Kvinna till Kvinna’s Fundraising Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
Najla Ahmed and Matilda Reiderstedt
Tel: 08-58889175 & 08-588 891 40
Mobile: 070-6766008 & 0706-58 98 33
Updated in: 2017-03-02